Well I had a bit of a result at today’s job. For a while I’ve been planning to get hold of some wooden pallets and make a few wooden compost bays to replace the plastic ones we inherited. The clients I worked for today had some plants delivered in a couple of crates, and I found out that they were planning on burning them on the bonfire. The magical question starting with “I don’t suppose…?” was presented and now I’m the happy owner of two wooden crates.
Over the summer we were busy building a healthy stock pile of firewood for this winter. Amidst the activity cutting and splitting the logs, one key element that we have recently taken care of is a decent store to keep the worst of the rain off of them, so they will be good to bring straight in for the fire. With the exception of some screws all of the materials used here I’ve salvaged.
Saturday saw the completion of one of the bigger jobs that I wanted to have done before the weather turns: weather proofing the outside of the shed. One incredibly hot day a few weeks ago I got a decent coat of paint on the walls, protecting the wood and making the shed look clean and loved. I even put new house number stickers on the side for our plot number. Saturday I had a decent chunk of the afternoon to spend at our plot so decided to tackle the roof.